The guidance for the creation and use of online petitions in entirely online election cyles.
Steps for Petitions
- Go to the premade template in Microsoft Forms here.
- Login to Panthermail.
- Click the "Duplicate It" button on the top of the page.
- Click in to the title area and replace Parentheses () items with the appropriate context
- (First Name Last Name) - Your First Name and Your Last Name
- (Position) - Position You are running for (Student Body President, Executive Vice President, Vice President Student Affairs, Vice President Academic Affairs, Senator)
- (Platform) - Required for Executive Candidates to copy and paste their platform essays or a shortened version of their platform essay into this section.
- Senatorial Candidates are encouraged to construct a small paragraph introducing themselves and what they plan to do in office.
- Click the one question on the form and replace Paretheses () items with the appropriate context
- (First Name) - Your First Name
- Click the "Share" button on the top of the page.
- Under "Send and Collect Responses" copy that link to send out via Social Media, Email, and to share among passing.
- Senatorial Candidates need at least 50 signatures
- Executive Candidates need at least 100 signatures
- Signatures must come from registered EIU students
Steps for Submission
- Once petition is finished, go back to the petition via Forms in your Panthermail and click "Share"
- Copy the link and email completed petition to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com .
Tips and Information
- After creation of the form, it should look similar to this example here.
- Remember that only registered students will be counted toward the 50 or 100 signature goal.
- Signature logs for who submits the form are kept and will be validated.
- Meaning you cannot sign your form 10 times and qualify
- Send out to your classes through Email and to your friends through Social Media
- Keep it interesting and make them want to sign your petition
- If you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org