Recent Searches

Loading Search Results...
Loading Directory Results...



Recent Pages

Recent Searches

EIU Housing


University Court Application Timeline for Incoming Graduate Students

Step 1:  Apply online in MyEIU for an apartment in University Court. An application andMy EIU a $50 non-refundable application fee are required to establish a priority date for the assignment process. Once the University Court application has been submitted and the non-refundable fee has been paid, your application will stay on file permanently.

Students must be accepted to the university to start this process.  All apartment assignments are first-come-first-serve and based on availability.  

Beginning mid-February, access to RoomSync (roommate matching service) will be made available in MyEIU to students who have submitted the University Court application and fee.

Step 2: A University Court contract will be available beginning in March for those students who have applied. A signed contract must be received in order to confirm apartment placement. The optimal date to submit the University Court contract is May 1.

Step 3:  After you have been assigned an address and have signed a contract you need to initiate electric utility service through Ameren. (You must have a physical apartment address to complete this step and an executed contract.) This process must be completed prior to your move-in date. Ameren will require your social security card and driver’s license or state ID. Ameren can let you know what they will need by contacting them at 800-755-5000.

Students who apply for housing or submit the room and board contract and preference form after May 1 can expect to receive their Housing Assignment Letter in July.

Additional Information

Students requiring special accommodations should contact Disability Services (217-581-6583) as well as University Housing (217-581-5111) or Dining Services (217-581-5733) at their earliest convenience in order to discuss any particular needs before coming to campus.

We recognize that some students may have specific housing needs or concerns regarding gender and placement. If you would like assistance in identifying the best housing options for you, please contact Mr. Jody Stone, Senior Associate Director 217-581-2515. Jody will discuss your needs with you over the phone or in-person to determine how best to match your needs with the housing options available. All information will be kept confidential to the fullest extent possible and shared with university staff only on a need-to-know basis.

Related Pages

Contact Information

Housing & Dining Services

MLK Jr., University Union,
600 Lincoln Ave.
Charleston, IL 61920
Fax: 217-581-6489

Take the next step

apply now
schedule a visit