How to Grant Special Access to Quizzes
Instructors can grant one or more students special access to a quiz in D2L. (i.e. extended time limit, early access, late access, or different number of attempts.)
NOTE: If you need to add extended time for all quizzes in the course for an individual student, use the Accommodations tool.
To Grant Special Access to a Quiz:
- Go to the Quizzes area in your course site.
- Click the name of the Quiz to which you'll be giving special access.
- Click the Restrictions tab at the top of the page.
- Make sure the "Allow selected users special access to this quiz" button is selected (this is the default option.)
- Click the Add Users to Special Access button at the bottom of the page.
- Set the special access that you want to grant:
- To allow individual students more time to take a quiz, check the box next to "Recommend time limit" or "Enforced time limit," and enter a number in the “minute(s)” field.
- To allow individual students earlier access to the quiz, select "Has Start Date." Then, change the start date.
- To allow individual students later access to the Quiz, select "Has End Date." Then, change the end date.
- To allow individual students a different number of attempts in the quiz, check the box next to "Override attempts allow" and choose a number from the dropdown menu below. Then click "Apply."
- Check the box next to the name of the student(s) who will have special access to the quiz.
- Click the Add Special Access button at the bottom of the screen. You'll return to the Edit Quiz page.
- Click the Save and Close button at the bottom of the page.
The written tutorials and video simulations on the D2L Solutions site are developed and brought to you by the
Faculty Development and Innovation Center
phone 217-581-7051 :: email email@example.com :: web www.eiu.edu/fdic
Contact the FDIC for questions about the tutorials, to suggest topics for new tutorials, or to schedule a consultation appointment. The FDIC staff can recommend integration solutions using D2L and other instructional technologies for your online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
For Help with D2L
Call 217-581-HELP (4357), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or
contact the Instructional Support Specialist (ISS) for your department.