The New Content Experience (Lessons)
D2L Brightspace has an alternative Content experience that provides an intuitive way to create lessons. The New Content Experience focuses on clean visual presentation of content for educators and learners with a minimalist design. It is a simplified experience for organizing content and managing the availability of course materials. Units are color coded and easily defined.
Differences between the New Content Experience and the original content experience.
- The New Content Experience does not yet offer Visual completion tracking. Students will not see visual tracking (checkmarks) for items visited in the content modules. However, student can access their completion tracking in the Class Progress tool.
- Table of Contents: There is no Table of Contents in the New Content Experience.
- Overview: The New Content Experience does not have an Overview page. If you have content in the Overview section of the original Content experience that you want displayed in the New Content Experience, you need to move the content to a module before converting to the New Content Experience.
(If you have something on the Overview page in the original content experience and you switch to the New Content Experience, the content will not be lost. It will just not be visible. If you switch back to the original content experience, you will still see the content on the Overview page.)
Instructors can now "Opt-In" to the New Content Experience
To Opt-In to the New Content Experience:
- When you select "Content" in your course for the first time, you will see the following message:
- Select "Turn it on"
To Opt-Out of the New Content Experience:
- On the "Content" page in your course, select the down arrow (pictured below) in the upper right corner.
- Select "Turn it off" then select "Done".
Linked below are tutorials for the New Content Experience (also called Lessons) from the D2L Brightspace Help site.
Webinar: Refresh your Content in D2L: The New Content Experience
Links to the two-part recording of the webinar and the presentation slides can be found below.
EIU netID and password are required to access the recordings and presentation slides.
The written tutorials and video simulations on the D2L Solutions site are brought to you by D2L and the
Faculty Development and Innovation Center
phone 217-581-7051 :: email firstname.lastname@example.org :: web www.eiu.edu/fdic
Contact the FDIC for questions about the tutorials, to suggest topics for new tutorials, or to schedule a consultation appointment. The FDIC staff can recommend integration solutions using D2L and other instructional technologies for your online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
For Help with D2L
Call 217-581-HELP (4357), email email@example.com, or
contact the Instructional Support Specialist (ISS) for your department.